Friday, April 16, 2010

Virginia Tech Shooting


My brother and entire family were there the day of the shootings. My brother goes to college there he was a freshman. My parents and sister were down there visiting him at the time as well. My boyfriend (T at the time) saw something on tv about a shooting at Virginia Tech and called me to ask if that was where my brother was. I called my mom to see if she heard anything. She hadn't because they were staying at a hotel. She continued to call my brother who didn't answer. He had a class in the building where the shooting took place that day. He never went to class.

Craziest day ever.

My brother slept through the shootings and they were in lockdown in their dorms. They were very close to where the shootings were going on on campus. He had to stay in his room for most of the day. My parents joined him finally at the ceremony the next day or so. I wish I had been there to go with them.

and here we are. many years later.


Photobucket

11 comments:

JenRem said...

Wow that is so scary and sad :( Thankfully your brother was okay

Neely said...

Im so glad your brother was ok!

clare @ the pretty walrus said...

that gave me the chills. so very, very lucky! x

Trixie and Tess said...

That was such a sad day. I'm glad your brother slept in that day.

Unknown said...

I remember this... and that is just insanity.
I am so thankful that your brother slept through the shootings... what a blessing!
Thinking of all those families who lost loved ones...

The Snarky Narwhal said...

It's scary really how just a simple change in our schedules can save us or doom us. I'm glad that your brother was safe and you only had to go to honor the dead instead of mourning for your brother.

Leigh said...

it's really scary when things like that hit so close to home. i'm relieved for your family that your brother wasn't hurt!

Ali said...

Wow. Thank GOD your brother is okay. I can't believe that.

Kenj said...

Oh wow, things happen for a reason. I believe this more and more everyday. My heart goes out to all these vicitms.!

Not Used said...

My sister was also a freshman that year at Tech. It really hits so hard every year. neVer forgeT.

Teach.Workout.Love said...

craziness :(

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...