Thursday, August 26, 2010

Life Changes Needed


After this weekends crazy events, it has changed my view on life a little bit. Life really is too short and I feel like I am wasting it away where I am right now.

Apparently there are a lot of choices that I have to make within the next month and I am not sure which way to go. I feel like this happens to a lot of people all the time, so I really want to get your opinions, so I'll try to lay it out as simple as possible because they're annoying and semi-complicated.

Living Situation Choices:
-Stay in my apartment now with my roommate now and sign a year lease (paying close to 1k a month)
-Stay in my apartment now with my roommate now and sign a 6 month lease.
-Find a cheaper apartment with more then just my roommate and sign a year lease.
-MAYBE move back home.

Job Situation Choices:
-Stay at my job as long as possible until they fire and keep getting paid the amount I get paid
-Look for another sales job that I hate and potentially make more or less money

School Situation Choices:
-Do the internship program which is this:  placed in a school during the day and take classes at night and they pay for your masters degree and you do this for a straight year and become a teacher.... then I can't work full time and only at nights or on the weekends which is not enough to stay in my apartment now.
-Work full time during the day wherever I can and take the classes at night and pay for my own degree.


I really don't know what to do...
What I do know...
All I do know is that I don't want to live at home, I don't want to move out of the area I live in, I'd do another apartment but I dont want to go back to CT. I want to be a teacher and as soon as possible, I can't take it anymore.

These teaching programs wouldn't start until January anyway so I have a little bit of time, but our lease renewal is due September 15th and then we'd have to move by October 31st. So the time is coming down.


Any advice?  I am really not sure what to do.

{photo}

Photobucket

9 comments:

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket said...

The first step is recognizing you want something different then the next is doing something about it. :) You can do it, even if some of the choices are tough.

paddle to shore said...

hmmm maybe try the 6 months instead of a full year. That way, you get to stay where you are now and it gives you time to figure some stuff out. Definitely don't move back home if thats not what you want, it could be really stressful. I did that 2 years ago and it was chaos having to follow my parents rules lol

Teach.Workout.Love said...

yah i hear that...plus its so far from everyone.. all my friends, my boyfriend.. its just too far

Happy-lee said...

If you believe in God, lay out all the choices in your head and ask him to guide you to the best one and have confidence in that choice.
If you don't believe in God, ask him anyway. You don't have anything to lose. And be confident in your choice :)

A said...

*by the way, if i saw a tip jar like the one in your photo, i'd DEFINITELY put money in because I HATE CHANGE!

sounds like you have lots of decisions to make. from your writing, i get the feeling that you know you should probably find a cheaper apartment. the nice thing about that is that it's really a renter's market - i have had a few friends who've recently apartment searched. they've had choices and have even been able to change the terms based on what THEY wanted (lower rent, etc.) it's probably worth looking for.

A said...

ps: you want to be a teacher?? what level or specialty are you looking into? getting your master's degree paid for sounds like an excellent idea - considering that you have to have it to get your prof. license after the first 5 years in ny... i have to go back and get mine in the next couple yrs, and i'm dragging my feet because i have to pay for it myself :(

Teach.Workout.Love said...

i woudl get a license in CT because its much less strict and for 1st or 2nd grade

Teach.Workout.Love said...

or anything elementary school

A said...

yay for elem ed! :) i'd definitely rather spend my day working with little people rather than big people. hope it will all work out for you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...