Friday, May 22, 2009

And I'm Gone.

So here I am.
Today is my last day here for two weeks, so don't miss me too much! j/k ;)
I'll try to post something while in Peru.... but I don't know how accessible I will be to the internet.


I just wanted to comment on my interactive thursday i had yesterday... How IRONIC that when the bf, his friend, and I are driving to the restaurant for birthday and we get pulled over for speeding (40 in a 35 ... big deal) So the cop notices the bf has an expired inspection sticker, so he goes to run his license and he was taking a REALLY long time,,,, so we knew something was wrong. There was probably about 12 people waiting for us at the restaurant too.

Then the cop comes back, asks him to step out of the car, brings him to the back of the car, cuffs him --the cop coped an attitude as well, slamming the door and slamming the BF's phone/keys/money etc against the car --makes me believe that if there WERE'NT myself and another person in the car, I'm SURE he would have been hassled more.
The second cop comes over to my side of the car and asks if we can drive. I was so furious at this point I told him "Thank you very much for ruining my night" -- he was like it's not my fault your BF has a suspended license.

So i follow him to the police station and we wait there for about an hour for them to let him go, no bail, just a ticket because his license was actually NOT suspended. I mean, really?! And now he has to do all this bullshit to find out WHY the computer is saying SOMETIMES its suspended?! Until you get to the actual police station? Wow.

So... I just thought it was ironic that yesterday I decided to write about crooked cops and POWER ABUSIVE cops and there we go, we met one! Ugh --then we went drinking. hah



Soooo that's all for now... Peace out everyone :)
Enojy the Memorial Day weekend!

Peace Pictures, Images and Photos


Photobucket

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

ugh! i just hate those 'people' who abuse their authoritative power against us the civilians!

anyhow.. have fun in peru. you owe us all tons of pictures! lol!

Mara said...

Have a great time in Peru! And, save the blogging until you get home...I am a firm believer in not wasting too much time in internet cafes while traveling.

Dana-Lynn said...

I had a similar experience in High School. My (then) boyfriend was driving us home when we got pulled over. The cop said he had run the BF's truck tags and they matched a STOLEN VEHICLE. It was a mess. Everything got sorted out eventually, but it was a hassle.

Anyway, have fun on your trip! I'm sure it will be a much needed and exciting vacay!

Fannie said...

Have fun on your vacation ! Enjoy the warm weather and take lots of pics :o) Don't worry about blogging, we'll all still be here when you get back !!

Teach.Workout.Love said...

Thanks everyone!!!!!!!! :)

SDD... that sounds like one crazy freakin story there... id have been SO pissed!!!!!

Optimistic Pessimist said...

Wow that is really ironic. Hope you have a blast in Peru!

Anonymous said...

Have a fantastic trip!

Andhari said...

I think everywhere I go, I'll hate cops with fiery passions. But reading this, I may be a bit lucky to live here because cops here especially in the streets are bribe-able. Seriously, 10 bucks and they let you out to drive again. I even got away twice when I didn't bring any of my licenses.

Chase said...

ugh >_< what a downer. No fun at all.
Glad everything was sorted out in the end.

Enjoy Peru!

Unknown said...

That is pretty ironic, totally sucks too. I'm so sorry your night was runined. Have a great vacation and you know I'll totally miss you :-)

nicole mountz said...

have a wonderful time!! and i know EXACTLY how you feel... josh and i got pulled over one time because we were "swerving" all over the road. sorry but i would have noticed if we were doing that. the guy made josh take a breathalizer and when it came back zero .. you could see him trying to think of other things to get him for. it was rediculous. bring back some amazing pictures :)

nicole mountz said...

i forgot! i also tagged you in something, if you get a chance to check while you're gone.

*krystyn* said...

What's going on in Peru that everyone is going there? My former hairdresser (from Michigan) just left for Peru as well.

Moonjava said...

I know you're gone but....I have an award for you at my blog! :)

Sierra said...

That's horrible what happened to your BF! I know, I think cops use their jobs as an excuse to abuse power. Not cool. I always see them speeding full speed ahead on the free way like nobody's business and it makes me mad. Anyway, have fun in Peru and glad the bf is okay. At least the crooked cop didn't keep him in jail and they found out about the not expired license (Crazy!) sooner rather than later.

Anonymous said...

have a blast in Peru girl.

I like the photo of the peace sign. Awesome idea

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...