Thursday, January 28, 2010

Guest Blogger - Kendra

All Things inspiring:
Welcome all, I am Kendra from across the way at http://silkybowties.blogspot.com/. While our friend over here, The Novelista Barista is busy busy busy with her new job, she has asked for some guest bloggers. Well here I am willing to help. She asked to stay on the subject of inspirational. Well, this is what I got for you lovelies.

Many things can Inspire a person. Whether it be a picture, person, quote, or larger than life experience. Personally my Cousin, Jen is my true inspiration. She changed everything for me. A few years ago, I was not in the best spot in life that a person wishes they would fall into. I confided in my cousin, knowing she is older and wiser. I trusted her with all I had left and told her EVERYTHING that was going on. All it took was that one phone call and she knew I was in need of her help. She pushed me in a way no one else has. I have tried and confided in other people but they didn't get me like she did. She would tell me I am who I push myself to be. If I wanted to succeed, really want to succeed, I could. The only person in control of me, was me. The only person in control of their own lives..themselves. People, places, and things can help INSPIRE you to push yourself more. She made me realize this. Before I thought I needed support form the outside world, and when I wasn't getting it I was going to fail. She made me realize that I am the only one in control. I didn't the help form a good friend, sibling, relative, or parents. Seeing as I didn't have this, I needed to be strong for myself. Now knowing this I still fall down. Everybody has those days. All I have to do is send a quick email to my cousin and let her know what is going on. She opens my eyes, makes me REALLY realize the situation, and everything is okay. Everybody should have somebody they can turn to. Someone that will give them the extra little push they need, everyone needs that one thing that inspires them to be better than what they thought was the best they could be, whether it be a friend, relative, or a fellow blogger. Someone out there is willing to listen and help you out the best they can.

Two quotes that I have always loved are:


"Live and make the present hour pleasant and cheerful. Keep your mind out of the past, and keep it out of the future." - John A. Schindler

-I have had a rough past, yes, but I do not let that get to me. I have dreams, everyone has dreams. Let your dreams become reality. Nothing will get in the way of you pursuing everything you have ever wanted besides yourself. So stop making excuses, and make dreams come true.

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln

- LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST.! I know this may be over said but it's true. When you are sitting on your death bed, do you want to regret your life, or do you want to sit there and smile knowing you lived your life as much as you could. There is no point in holding back. Set your goals high, when you reach them, and you will if you want to bad enough, you will feel a feeling of accomplishment that will INSPIRE you to push yourself even harder. So don't hold back get going, live your life.! (and blog about it along the way ;) )


Photobucket

3 comments:

Teach.Workout.Love said...

thanks kendra for posting for me this was awesome!

Kenj said...

anytime girl :)

printed mouse mats said...

It is very helpful and interesting post for every one who want to know about this. I really enjoyed here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...