Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Broken Heart Files - "Mercy"

"Mercy"

By Angela Neal

photo credits


I caught a glimpse
I try to find it but it slips away again.
Angels, take me into a dream again
My heart cries for what it can’t see.
Hell take me quickly
and have more mercy on me than love has.
Don’t leave me this way
Do I have to twist your arm to get the answers I need?
Angels, open the heart to bleed it clean.
Hell take me fast
and have more mercy on me than love has.
I need you in your every unspoken word,
and every word that says too much.
Love, you leave me haunted
with the ghosts of things lost and dying.
Angels, take away the veil so I can see again.
Hell, take me fast
and have more mercy on me than love has.
© Angela Neal



8 comments:

Fannie said...

"Do I have to twist your arm to get the answers I need?" There are many people I wish I could say this to .. maybe I should but that still won't make them give me the answers.

Beautifully written though :)

Fannie said...

Nevermind my e-mail I guess .. after a couple more tries I managed to post my comment !

WarriorHeartGypsySoul said...

That was a really cool poem. I love stuff like that.

Saii said...

you did a great job
:)

for the love of pictures said...

Great job Angela Neal :) Powerful poem.

Elizabeth Marie said...

This is amazing.

Sierra said...

Amazing poem, I hope you are doing alright sweetie. Thanks for sharing this heartfelt writing.

Teach.Workout.Love said...

great job Angela!! :) thanks for sharing !

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...