Tuesday, November 3, 2009

About Me

I realized I have never really written an about me piece so I am going to give it a try.

-My name is Jennifer, Jen.. whichever. I chose Novelista Barista because I like to write, novelista being novelist in Spanish, and I worked as a barista at a couple different coffee shops for 4 years and I would love to do it again.

-I was born in New York, moved to Connecticut until high school and then went to college in New York and have been here ever since.

-I have been in love twice.

-I have had my heart broken twice.

-I have never had that many girl friends. Right now in my life I have the most amount of girl friends I have ever had in my life and its awesome.

-In high school, I had a best friend who was a complete psycho bitch and tried to fuck me over so bad that she got me lost all of my friends (because she was a manipulative bitch) and had to start with no one being a freshman in high school. It sucked. She tried to get me expelled, tried to get my beat up, had people blow up my mailbox, had a bb gun shot through the front window of my house, tried to fight me mulitple times, made me have to see the school psychologist because the school thought I was nuts.. so many things. It basically made my high school experience a living hell. Thank god I met my the first guy i ever loved there otherwise I might have slit my wrists. I decided to graduate high school in 3 years and go to college because I hated it so much. It was one of the best and worst decisions of my life. I wish I could go back and have had a better experience, but you learn from your past and I have to take it for what it was.

-Who is this T person I write about? That is my most current ex that I lived with and dated for the past 3 years. :(

-I love dogs. I volunteer at a dog shelter near me and I have been walking dogs for almost 2 years now and I love it. I wish I had more time to do it but I just don't and sometimes it is hard to do because I wish I could take them all home but I know that I cant.

-I have lived in 8 different apartments in New York so far and each one has been a crazy different experience and worth every minute of it.

-I have traveled to France, Spain, Portugal, England, Costa Rica, Peru, Venezuela, Bahamas, Califorinia, Texas, Illinois, Canada, Novia Scotia, Maine, New Hampshire, New York, CT, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington DC, Delaware, New Jersey, Vermont, Pennslavania, Maryland, Georgia and that is it so far. I plan on traveling to many many more places as much as possible.

-I have worked at 4 coffee shops in my life and I love them so much and I wish I could own my own one day.

-I have a cat named Princess, and that is she.

-Brown hair blue eyes kinda girl

-I want to learn how to surf really well and then buy a surf board.

-I love love love Portsmouth New Hampshire so so so much.

-I love music, especially reggae, but I like pretty much everything, from Dave Matthews to Tool to Frank Sinatra, Audioslave, Metallica, Alice in Chains, Cascada, Akon, Jayz, etc... I really like underground music, especially live.

-I love New York. As much as I hate it, I love it and have recently realized that it is my home and where I feel most at place.

-I am a strong-willed, independent woman, and I work hard to accomplish what I want, and sometimes I let people get in the way of this but I am learning with every experience to walk on.

-I love my family. They are the best. Hands down.

-I love flowers, in all different colors.

-I love big funky necklaces

-I am a sandals, summer, tank tops, jeans kind of girl. I hate to have to wear dress clothes but I have to for work. I only like to go ALL out and wear fancy dresses and stuff like that.

-I love weddings. If I ever get married, I will get married on a beach with no shoes on with all of my friends there in some beautiful country.

-I have yet to go to Ireland... it will happen soon.

-I want to write a book one day about coffee shops.

-I want to drive across country still

-I have 6 tattoos and I am not done yet.

-I have pierced my own ears, and yes, it hurt and yes, it got infected, and no, i dont have them still.

-I LOVE the NEW YORK YANKEES and Jets & Giants. Another reason i love being from New York.

-Mark Teixeira is my new love.

-Steel Pulse is my favorite band

-I love to see live bands and see bands in concert... too bad there aren't any good ones happening lately.

-I hate to shop and I wish someone would just do it for me and pick out some awesome clothing so I didnt have to do it. I love hand bags though, I have many.

-I love vintage old school stuff especially photographs.

-My favorite thing to do is sitting talking to good people by the ocean or a river or something like that, just hanging out, maybe not even saying anything and enjoying the surroundings.

-Candles.

-I love social networks like facebook, blogger, my blackberry, etc. I use those every single day. But sometimes I need a break from them.

-I am pretty awesome.

-I can't cook for the life of me, but I can try!

-I bake cupcakes and pies.

-I am waiting for the fairy tale love to happen to me... where is it?


There is so much more but I wanted to drop a few out for you.

xox

Photobucket

17 comments:

Kattrina said...

Hello - I am your scarf buddy. Thanks for doing a post on yourself. It has given me some insights into your life. I am hoping a scarf just jumps out at me that screams your name. Let me know if you have any updates to your likes/dislikes list...

PS. Your high school experience sounds like the most awful thing in the world. I hope your "friend" is in chains.

Radiogael said...

I can't wait for you to come to Ireland. I might actually arrange to be there at the same time if you need a tour guide :)

Teach.Workout.Love said...

really!!!!! that would be totally awesome!!!!

Amy said...

i'm glad you shared some about yourself! we are SO incredibly different- i love shopping both for myself and others, i almost always wear dresses, i cook all the time and most of my friends have been girls. the world needs all types, you know?

thanks for sharing- good to learn more about you!

Carrie said...

Thanks for sharing this! I'm new to this blog so it's really helping me get a feel for things. ;)

Chris Gooch said...

When do we get to see your tattoos?

My favourite thing about you Jen was "I am pretty awesome" - I couldn't agree more!

Mara said...

I find that the older I get, the more girlfriends I have. When I was younger, most of my friends were guys.

Teach.Workout.Love said...

LOL i am pretty awesome hahah

and MJ its so true.... its better that way i think

Saii said...

NOW i FEel like I know you a lil bit..:)


I love dogs as much as u do :)

wow! u've been in many countries!!! you should come to Guatemala!
:D


we have many other things in common

:)

Andhari said...

Your traveling experience is awesome, and 6 tattoos? wow. I'll be happy if I have one but I'm too afraid of needles!

Jennifer Fabulous said...

I love this post. You are such an amazing and interesting person. :)
I went through a nightmare high school experience as well. It's amazing how MEAN 15-year-old girls can be. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

Love this, and lovely to know ya!

Girl in the frame said...

you're an aries aren't you? I had to go look for your birthday after reading some... and I think you are if it's somewhere between the ending of March and beginning of April as it seems.
Anyway, I am too. Not many girlfriends either and I recently read that we get along with men better.. I wish I had more girlfriends... like the movies, like Sex & the City, and it just doesn't happen here [in Peru I do have more... that's cause I studied in an all girl school).
We love being in love... we like everything about it and I understand that you miss being with someone. I volunteer at a dog shelter too! haha I like reading and realizing someone has similar characteristics to me!
Anyway, thanks for telling us about you!

.:*aMbAr*:. said...

WOW!! This is awesome.. tattoos, never knew. AND OMG do u travel!!!?!?!?!?! So many places. I would love to visit Costa Rica and Spain.. and helloww New York.

I loved, loved, loved this list. And don't worry hun, I'll do all the shopping for you, from now on. :D

52 Faces said...

Awesome Jen!

Dude - I know we had some stuff in common, but this was like reading a biography of myself. Freaky.

Did we even know that we both did only 3 years of high school and ran off to college? I frickin' HATED high school.

And I already knew about our animal shelter thing. I wish I had more piercings, but I went into Hollywood before I go deeper into it.

Jessica Samantha said...

...my only sunshine.

whoisnell said...

awesome Jen.. thanks for sharing and i really really really like your blog.. and i have this obssession with our local coffee (completely different from the western coffee brew) and i think that's how i cope and also reminds me of the time i've shared with my beloved..
keep inspiring, sweet!! <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...