Thursday, November 26, 2009

Finding Your Coffee Table

This always seems to be one of the harder purchases for your home. I know it will be for me. Right now I have a decent one from the Christmas Tree Shop that has followed me from apartment to apartment but it is very plain and has nothing to it.

When I get a house or condo of my own I will be purchasing the coffee table. This piece is important because it is usually the one piece of furniture (besides the couch) that will be used and seen by every single person that comes into your house. You cannot have an ugly coffee table, it will stick out! You could have gorgeous couches and wall decor, but stick a ugly coffee table in the middle and you might as well not even have nice furniture at all!

All of my apartment owning/dorm living/make shift furniture experiences have brought me to the conclusion that I will never have any furniture that matches, so I might as well make it look good. My current apartment is probably the closest that I will ever get to matching because everything is so neutral.

I have been searching etsy and google for a hand made coffee table because I really love love love the old fashion, handmade, indian, wooden, authentic style of coffee tables or the tables with the storage space. It is important to find one that also is big enough for your living room area because if you get too small or too big.

I found a couple of tables that are pieces I would definitely purchase one day when I have a place of my own.


Pottery Barn


Rustic Inlay


Greentree Design


Vision



I had a really hard time finding these few tables that I posted because I am so picky and it reminds me of why I have yet to purchase it. When I was in Europe I found this great coffee table but the cost to send it to New York was more than the table was even worth so I will have to keep looking.

Do you have a coffee table? Was it a hard piece of furniture to find?

I am still in search of the perfect coffee table.

Photobucket

12 comments:

Jessica Samantha said...

Love the way the Greentree design is decorated... FABOOSH!

Haha, i want one like those for my apartment!

The Snarky Narwhal said...

I have a coffee table but we found it at a vintage store. I think my favorite is from above is "vision". I love things that remind me of nature.

Jennifer Fabulous said...

Those are gorgeous coffee tables. I especially adore the last one. :)

floreta said...

that's very cute! i like

Julia said...

the first one is my favorite.too bad it's pottery barn and not some awesome hand made etsy table.
Have you ever seen the friend's episode, "the one with the apothecary table"? you should watch it, its hilarious, and in theme with your coffee table issue.

Anonymous said...

i don't have one but i really like the first one!

xoxo

aaaa said...

oh my holy god!! i definitely fell for the third one :)

Melanie's Randomness said...

I can't wait for the day that I have my own apartment to start my coffee table search. Ohh...one day.. =)

Andhari said...

I like the second and third coffee table. I think coffee tables should be low enough so you can sit on the rug with your laptop and pillows too :p

paddle to shore said...

I have yet to find a coffee table for our apartment. Honestly I had such a hard time finding on I just decided to buy a very bright green rug instead. I agree with you, it's a very difficult piece of furniture to find.

The second coffee table is my favorite.

Saltina said...

I also like the Vision table. I don't have a coffee table either. I'm kind of picky.

.:*aMbAr*:. said...

I love the 1st one, but obvi PB never fails..

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...