ING DIRECT TO CELEBRATE 400th ANNIVERSARY OF HENRY HUDSON’S HISTORIC NEW YORK DISCOVERY
WHAT: To celebrate the 400th anniversary of Henry Hudson’s historic voyage into New York and founding of the Hudson River, the ING DIRECT USA Third Avenue Café will host a series of events to explore Dutch heritage and culture in New York City and the Hudson Valley.
From November 12-16, come grab a latte at the café and learn about Dutch history through fun events for all ages.
- November 12th: Test your knowledge of Dutch history for a chance to win prizes and “taste the Netherlands” with food from Danku, a local Dutch restaurant from 11:30am to 2:00pm.
- November 13th: Embark on a musical journey to Holland and Renaissance Europe of the 1500s and 1600s with Courant, a musical group that will guide you through an entertaining musical exploration from 6:30pm to 8:30pm.
- November 14th: Experience painting with Dutch artist Berrie Martens of the Happy People of the World Foundation. A painting session for children will be featured from 11:30am to 2:30pm and a live painting performance by Berrie will be held from 3:30pm to 5:30pm. A painted Dutch bike from the event will be auctioned off at the Peter Stuyvesant Ball.
- November 15th: Children can discover the history and diversity of New York City and share the journey of two kids traveling in New York during The Five Boroughs Puppet Show from 1:00pm to 5:00pm. Afterwards attendees can enjoy a Happy People of the World Art gallery featuring paintings by Dutch artist Berrie Martens.
- November 16th: Visit the ING DIRECT Third Avenue Café from 7:00am to 6:00pm to donate your used bicycle during the ING DIRECT Bike Drive. Bikes will be donated to Recycle-A-Bicycle, a non-profit organization that provides educational and job programs and encourages environmental stewardship through everyday bicycle use.
WHERE: ING DIRECT New York City Café
968 Third Avenue
New York, NY 10022
The Café is located on the corner of East 58th Street and 3rd Avenue.
It is easily accessible from the 4/5/6, N/R/W, E/V, and F trains.
CONTACT: Karen Halesky, Media Relations, ING DIRECT USA(p)-302.467.6695 (e) - email@example.com