Wednesday, December 16, 2009

10 Reasons Why I Love New York


1. Everything is here. Everything happens here. If it were only a tropical island, it would be absolutely perfect!

2. Whenever i go on vacation, coming back into JFK or LaGuardia is when I feel at home the most. It is a great feeling walking out that door and knowing I am home. That NYC is my home. Even if it is much colder than where I had come from.

3. The best place in the world to people watch.

4. I will always get lost but can always find my way back and every single time I will take a different way.

5. Driving like a crazy asshole in the city just like everyone else.

6. Finding the underground stores, funky shops, random independent coffee shops on tiny streets

7. The fact that we can drive down to the city at 2am just to buy hotdogs from a street vendor.

8. I always feel like I am part of something special, big and new just by being there. Everything is so inspiring and clean... the skyline is beautiful.

9. Seeing the city from across the river in Jersey is awesome.

10. Going to the village. :)



Photobucket

17 comments:

Kate said...

I feel the same about London. I went to New York once and absolutely loved it too. I love cities.

Kate xx

http://secretofficeconfessions.blogspot.com

aaaa said...

Jen!!

you can't even imagine how i want to see NYC some day!! *sigh*

actually being able to see the united states is among my 2010 goals :) maybe you can add thi to the list i sent you huh?? :)

love.xoxo

Steph said...

7. The fact that we can drive down to the city at 2am just to buy hotdogs from a street vendor.

This is why I need to get to NYC! Except, I've got to wait until summer otherwise I'll freeze up there :/

WarriorHeartGypsySoul said...

OHHHH you're making me miss it more!!!

Radiogael said...

I love love love love New York.

Oh, I can't wait for the day the Irish mob run a train through the place :)
x

Anonymous said...

NYC is my hometown, and even though I don't live there anymore, I try to go back often because I love it! I'll be there for Christmas, so excited!

nicole mountz said...

I <3 NYC! forever and ever:)

LifestyleBohemia said...

I agree 100%!!! Nothing beats people watching in NYC, you see it all!
xx

Melanie's Randomness said...

I love looking at NYC skyline. It looks just so pretty.

Alicia said...

Great post! I need to visit soon.

Meghan said...

You make me want to come back to NYC - I.Love.It.

Anonymous said...

hence why i wanted to go to graduate school there!!!

Angela Tolsma said...

Oh, how I wish I could see New York!! I can't wait! Great list.

Teach.Workout.Love said...

Awe u should all come one day... its totally worht it :)

Ana Laura E said...

You are right... it is the best place in the world. The energy that city has... you can´t find it anywhere else. You are soooo lucky to live there.

Lilji Love said...

I've just broken up with a long time partner and I've been focussing on New York as much as I can just to get through!! ... this post had the most perfect timing! Oh, By the way, I've been reading your blog on my reader for a while now and I totally relate to what you have gone through. Hang in there darling, you are doing really well. xoxo

.:*aMbAr*:. said...

UHHH thanks!!! I've never been there and now you're making me wanna go EVEN MOREEE

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...