Friday, December 18, 2009

It's Cold Out! Donate Now!

As you might already know, I volunteer at the SPCA of Westchester on the weekends walking the dogs.

Now, the dogs are outside. Not completely outside, but overall, they are on concrete floors and have heavy plastic covers to the areas where the dogs are to block them from the wind. There is a heater on the inside which connects all of the dogs together but you cannot feel it very well. That is all they have to work with. Needless to say, IT IS COLD.

The shelter is always collecting blankets and I wanted to put a word out to my readers to help me get a gift for the dogs by either you donating money so I can buy the blankets OR sending me the blankets in the mail.

I realize that sending a blanket in the mail will cost you more money, so I have set up a paypal donation fund where you can donate, even if it's just $1.

I am hoping to collect as much money as possible by January 10th so I can go and buy some fleece blankets that they have at CVS for like $2 or $5.

So I am asking all of my readers to help me out, because they need it. You can donate money to the shelter too with the link above, but honestly, I am always afraid that when I donate money that it never even gets to the dogs so thats why giving actual items is much better.

Here are the options you can do to help. You can...

A) donate the money to a paypal account and I will go purchase the blankets, take pictures of them at the shelter and so forth,

or

B) ill give you my address and you can send me your old blankets and ill bring them to the shelter.

Completely up to you.

This will be our Blogger Xmas Gift to my shelter!

Donate Here:







(click on the picture)

I hope you can help me out in a little way.

Thank you :)


Photobucket

8 comments:

Come Back Brighter said...

Would it be OK if I donated blankets to a shelter local to me? I know that your particular shelter won't benefit from it, but it's turned cold here and now I'm thinking of the dogs...

Teach.Workout.Love said...

Sure! Whatever you want to do,,, as long as the dogs benefit from it.

Anonymous said...

oh that pup looks so sad. i'll def try to help out.

Anne said...

OK - you'll get a notification of support far away from your place via paypall :o)

Dogshelters at my place are not allowed to have their dogs partly outside when it is (extremely) cold. Here it's COLD right now, and we have had our share of snow the past few days - so I actually didnt finish reading your post until I decided that I should do something.

Anonymous said...

You might be the sweetest person ever.

Plentymorefishoutofwater said...

Hey, just popped in to say hi. Your blog is so pretty - I love it. Just been giving mine a spruce up, inspired by yours (never knew you could almost create a separate page for something like your Broken Heart Files - I've done the same for my Sunday Confessionals now). Anyway, keep up the good work.

Teach.Workout.Love said...

awe thanks guys!! i really appreciate it!

Emily said...

I love your blog.. So cute! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...