By Carrie at Address the WorldI usually never make New Year Resolutions because I have a bad habit of not keeping them. Then again, my resolutions for past years have been more than a little outlandish. So to kick off 2010 (OMG! How did it get here so fast?!?) I am going to challenge myself to try and fulfill some simpler things:
1) Smile more. At least once every day. No matter what. End of story. Too much of life is wasted in sadness and anger.
2) Stop giving up! I begin so many projects only to quit them before I'm finished. This year I want to actually finish some things. Like a short story. I want to write at least one short story that I think has potential.
3) Learn how to make my own pasta sauce. Everyone says it's better, and it has to be more rewarding. This year I want to kick the store bought pasta sauces and start making my own.
4) Start dressing like a grown up. I want to be treated like an adult, so I may as well start trying to look like one. No more hoodies and sweats for me unless I'm at home.5) Learn how to speak at least a little German. This is an important one! How am I supposed to move to Germany if I can't even say hello in the native language???
6) Donate to charity. Even if it's just a donating my time. I just want to be able to honestly say that I've done something to help someone else...in a bigger way than just holding a door. ;)
7) Don't let all the planning get me down. I am in the midst of planning a wedding, a college transfer, and an international move. I am making it my goal to stop worrying about the parts of this process that I cannot control. It's doing me absolutely no good whatsoever, and there are much more important (and happy) aspects that I need to be focusing on instead.
And there you have it guys. My fingers are crossed and my resolve is strong...that's a good sign, right?